dennis & the vibraphonette

Saturday, May 05, 2007

A Walk Into The Sea (with a vibraphonette)

The vibraphonette played a major role in the award winning film A Walk Into The Sea. The film is a documentary about the mysterious 1966 disappearance of Danny Willams, who was part of the Andy Warhol Factory. I saw a showing at the Tribeca Film Festival just last weekend. I thought it was mesmerizing.... so much so that I almost forgot to listen for the vibraphonette (and my two trumpet notes, too). The vibraphonette had a long section where it was the only sound to go along with the film. I was so proud!

I love this quote about the movie:

" The toothiest exposé yet into the soul-sucking modus operandi of Warhol's Factory "
- Ed Gonzalez, Village Voice

For more info about the film visit A Walk Into The Sea's website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home