dennis & the vibraphonette

Monday, February 12, 2007

New Vibraphonette Owner

There's been a rash of vibrphonette sales recently! It took me several years to find mine, but there have been 2 sold in the last week! There was the one from Ebay (pictured) that sold for around $950. The highest selling price that I've seen so far. I believe the supply and demand is starting to take hold. Or the new owner really, really wanted one. It's really a rare and incredible instrument to have, so I think it's worth it. From what I can tell this one was sold to a fellow in Texas. It seemed to be missing a few parts, but it looks like they have a work-a-round to keep it in working order.

The ad mentioned that the motor was "quiet quiet" (it said it twice). I would love my motor to be quiet quiet. Mine is just quiet enough for one 'quiet.' I hope the new owner will get in touch and keep us updated!

In fact, maybe we should start getting some information together from all the vibraphonettes we can. If you are the proud owner of a vibraphonette, please send your story and a picture. And maybe your serial number. I'll see if I can organize them. And if someone has a schematic - whoa! That would just be an incredible thing.

Congrats to the new owner!

1 Comments:

  • hello,

    this is John Constant in Austin, TX. I bought the vibraphonette in this picture... yes, I HAD to have it. I love this thing. My drummer and I made some modifications since it was not in mint condition. We have successfully mounted a variable speed motor on it. It works great!!! We are now fashioning a damper rod to fix the damper. Its really cool. My band, Candi and the Strangers use it on almost every song. We are not going into the studio until November so I dont have any clips yet.

    I am currently looking for some new belts. I tried RCA VCR belts but they dont quite work. Very close though. Anyone know what model VCR belt works? or perhaps a vacuum belt? Any info appreciated. Once we get it all done I will post some specs in case there are others that one to make the mods.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home