dennis & the vibraphonette

Monday, November 06, 2006

Recent sale of a vibraphonette

I just saw a vibraphonette sell on eBay that looked like it was in need of some TLC. And it sold for $860! Wow! I think I was lucky to get mine before the rush on vibraphonettes hit its stride. For this one that just sold, the listing mentioned that the motor was quiet, but one of the legs didn't seem to work. Also, the damper rod was missing. I'm not sure where to get one of those. I'm guessing the person that bought it has had some experience with vibraphone repair. (at least I hope so) Here are a few more pictures I borrowed from the ad.

5 Comments:

  • Dennis,
    Nice blog man, I'm the fellow who bought the ebay vibraphonette mentioned above, it's a bit dirty, but otherwise in great shape and the motor is very quiet. Here's a little recording that I just finished, featuring the recent ebay Galanti Vibraphonette. I played all of the instruments, just copy and paste this link.
    Brandon

    http://webpages.charter.net/94prs22/Canadian Sunset.mp3

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • I play trumpet and vibes in Grenoble (France)and search desperately for a vibraphonette. Can you help me ?
    Thanks.
    Pierre.fort4@wanadoo.fr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • Hi there!
    I've got the chance to buy a Vibraphonette. Less than $400, 2 1/2 octave and speed control seems to be a good deal and the perfect instrument to start to play the vibraphone.
    It needs new belts (guess it's not a problem...) but it also comes without the damper rod and pedal.
    Dennis or Brendon, do you think it is possible to refit it? Does anyone have experiences?
    Thanks!
    Greetings from Germany!

    By Anonymous Anke, at 1:58 PM  

  • Anke, sorry for the much delayed reply! That is a great deal! Hopefully you have all the parts you need by now. You can try here for belts but I'm not sure about the damper rod and pedal. www.malletshop.com

    By Blogger dennis, at 9:28 AM  

  • Hellooooo
    Hope somebody reads this someday!!
    Any clue of where to find a motor that would fit the vibraphonette ?
    I just found a 2,5 oct but without motor....
    I m from france...
    Merciiiii!!!!!!
    Gréât blog by the way!!
    Thx u

    By Blogger lalo, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home