dennis & the vibraphonette

Monday, November 06, 2006

Recordings Abound!

My vibraphonette has been dashing around Brooklyn for some recordings with Clare Burson and T. Griffin Coraline. In fact, I just got it back from the studio of T. Griffin Coraline where we recorded for the upcoming album God Made Cars. Both albums should be out next year!

Now that I have it back I can take a look at a few things for a fellow vibraphonette owner in nearby Long Island, Mike. I think the belts and spacers are a common need. He mentioned that he knew of a place in Chicago that might be of help.

I also might take mine apart and compare it to the pictures of the one that just sold. That one supposedly has a quiet motor. Mine is not that all that quiet. And I would love to find out if there is some way to install a new motor - maybe with variable speed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home